Sep 20, 2011

a baby face and contemplations on fullness

i'm sorry i'm late posting today. i spent the afternoon playing with my baby nephew. when you are busy filling up on life the importance of things like blog posts seems to dim.
last week i was struck by the words of a friend who referred to me as "the girl who has everything". i was caught off guard by the extravagance of the description. i had certainly never thought of myself that way. my brain did a double take. the girl who has everything? it took me awhile to accept this idea. but as i held the phrase in my mind, feeling it's weight, measuring it's meaning, i began to see it's truth like the fuzzy edges of focus slowly become clear.
i am complete. indeed, i lack nothing. i am hidden with Christ in God and in Christ i have been brought to fullness.
i need a new camera.
i want a new car.
there are days when my heart is so restless and fitful i can hardly bear it.
fear prowls just beyond sight in the forest ahead called the future.
but it's alright. because i am free. i am whole in Christ.
i am the girl who has everything and lacks nothing.
and i never will. no matter what.
in Him i find my life, my love, my strength, my self. in Him i am complete.










No comments:

Post a Comment