Mar 27, 2012

just tracing life in my head

as most of you know, i recently got back from spending two months in haiti. i have so many amazing stories about the people there and the huge ways i saw God work. after having my heart broken by the poverty and devastation i saw, being filled to overflowing by the love given and received, having my body humbled by malaria, being snatched from the brink of death by the hand of God, i came home so full of thoughts and questions and emotions and lessons to dwell on. So instead of sharing a story or a portrait shoot i just feel like sharing what my heart is dwelling on right now. the following is an entry from my journal written shortly after my return.

"people tell me i'm different.
am i?
i want to be.
every day i want my soul-person to be different.
bigger.
stronger.
wiser.

what changed me?
was it the giving?
the receiving?
was it You there beside me?

how i revel in the knowledge that You are actively interested in my life.
changing, moving, shaping.
woven into me.
that You LOVE me!
and that You are doing the very same in every person i meet.

each of us You are wooing.
with Your sunsets and Your mountains, Your stars and oceans.

with Your needles and hospital beds and heartbreaks and funerals.
You are stretching our souls.
pulling, widening, bursting.

until they grow so big and full of You and aching for more that they push right out of their bodies and fly to You.

how beautiful You are."

5 comments:

  1. This made my heart ache, in the good way.
    Such beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, I think you shall never cease to amaze me. You express your heart and my heart in the same breath and I am filled with wonder as I marvel with you at Gods pure design....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, and really touches the soul. Thank you for sharing it Molly. God has changed you these last few months...and you continue to let Him. Thank God for his work. NAW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Molly! Not just the pictures, but the words are so touching!thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Molly.... Thank you for sharing your sweet heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete