Dec 6, 2011

Haiti fundraiser!!!

Hello my dear friends!
I want to let you know about an amazing opportunity that God has placed in my life. I’m sure you all remember the earthquakes that devastated the small country of Haiti in January of 2010. Ever since then my dear friends Bill and Janet Montgomery have been making trips to Haiti, laboring beside the people there. They started a mission called Just Mercy and have been working so hard to bring relief to the constant struggle that is life in Haiti.

By God’s grace they have been able to accomplish much in the past year, delivering supplies, constructing shelters and wells, establishing cholera treatment centers, supporting schools and individuals in business so that they are able to contribute to rebuilding the economy. Their mission is to be the hands and feet of Jesus, bringing hope to the hopeless and broken. They are working to meet physical needs, but more importantly, to build relationships through which they can turn peoples hearts toward God.

In the process of their work in Haiti Bill and Janet met a very special Christian Haitian woman named Yvrose (Eve-rose). Yvrose and her husband had taken in 22 children who were orphaned by the earthquake. Bill and Janet were able to help build this large family permanent shelters where they live together and Yvrose teaches the children school.

Now, here’s WHY I’m telling you all of this. In November Janet sent out a plea for several young women to volunteer to go to Haiti to help Yvrose take care of the children and give them the one-on-one attention and love that they desperately need. After lots of prayer and thought I made the decision to go along with my friend Nellie.

Nellie and I will be going to Haiti in January and staying for two months. Our main goal will be to mentor the children. We desire most of all that their hearts would be opened to know God’s love. We will be striving to pass on a Godly example to them as well as teaching them constructive lessons and skills that will enable them to live well. We will also be helping Yvrose with daily tasks like cooking, cleaning, and laundry. In addition, I will be doing lots and LOTS of documentary photography! I will be accompanying Bill on his medical missions into the mountains and bringing back images of what these people are really enduring. My hope is that I can minister to the Haitian people through photography, but also that I can open OUR eyes to the hardships and needs that others are living with daily.

It would mean so much to me and Nellie if you would be in prayer for us, and the people of Haiti, as we try to bring hope and peace to those who are struggling and suffering. Please pray that God will work through us. Pray that He will give us humble hearts of service, and the grace to endure harsher conditions and any frustrations that may arise.
Pray that God will give the children a hunger to know Him and that we will be able to minister to each of their hearts. May He alone sustain us and grow each of us in His grace.

There are so many needs in Haiti! And since it is the season of giving I decided to put one of my favorite prints from Italy up for sale and put 100% of the proceeds toward the work in Haiti. I love this print because it is from one of my favorite cities… Venice! I took this shot as I was floating along in a gondola being serenaded by the beautiful voice of a veteran gondolier. This image gives you a little taste of that experience.

So, if you feel led to support the ministry of Just Mercy, this print might make the perfect Christmas present for someone you love! (Or for yourself!) And you will know that your purchase sent joy directly to the heart of someone in need!

If you would like to know more about Just Mercy, please visit their website here.
And may you know God’s rich blessing upon you!

Size/Price

1 comment:

  1. Molly, I'm so thrilled for this opportunity you have to use your gifts for God and to have an amazing adventure along the way. Beautiful print too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete